The Odessa Barb is an interesting fish species that has recently been found to have a natural distribution area in a remote part of Myanmar. Here are some additional facts about this species:
- Tank-raised Odessa Barbs are likely to have originated from their natural distribution area in Myanmar.
- Odessa Barbs are generally peaceful, but they should not be kept with long-finned, slow-moving fish.
- To keep Odessa Barbs happy and healthy, they should be kept in groups of at least 6 specimens due to their shoaling nature.
- Although Odessa Barbs may not look their best in dealer stock tanks, their eye-catching coloration becomes apparent once they are settled in a planted aquarium.
- Odessa Barbs prefer slightly cooler than average temperatures, so it’s important to keep them in an appropriate environment to ensure their well-being.
Overall, the Odessa Barb is a beautiful and fascinating species that can make a great addition to a planted aquarium when properly cared for.